Simple And Delicious Energy Balls
Oatmeal walnut energy balls that will get you moving! Get ready for these tasty, easy get-up-and-go treats on #LunchBreakLIVE. Guest Chef, the Vegan Sassy Senior Charlene, demonstrates how to bake these no make simple balls of heaven. Let’s take a look…
THE SASSY CHEF
Charlene Woodruff, a registered nurse of 40 years, wears many hats during the day! She has trained in Italy as a certified plant-based raw foods chef and has been doing a weekly virtual cooking show for 2 years.
Charlene has managed and owned two healthcare training schools and presently develops curricula for college nursing programs. As a mother of one adult son and 2 grandbabies, she still finds time to volunteer to help people eat healthy to maintain and regain their health.
Visit her website & Instagram for more info.
No-Bake Energy Balls Are The Perfect Snack
It is always a good idea to have healthy snacks on hand, especially for those busier folks living a demanding life. These energy bites are perfect. They are healthy and super simple to make. All you need are a few ingredients and a food processor. Take these little bites on the go, or pop a couple in your mouth for a quick breakfast or snack at home.
Oatmeal Almond Energy Bites
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 Cup Raw Dry Almonds
- 1 Cup Raw Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 Packet Or Scoop Complete Shake Mix
- Fresh Lemon Juice From 1 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Lemon Extract
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut Unsweetened
- Place Almonds and Dates in Food Processor (or Blender ) and process into small chunks
- Add Oats , Protein Powder , Vanilla & Lemon Flavor , Small Amount of Almond milk to moisten batter and process just until it sticks together
- Form batter into balls about the size of a large plum and roll in coconut ( May use chopped walnuts or pecans )
- May substitute Almonds in recipe with nuts of your choice
- Enjoy with a Hot Beverage !
Thanks For Joining Us For Lunch
I hope you enjoyed this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE as much as I did. A quick and healthy snack is always good to have on hand, and these energy balls are perfect for that. Give them a try and let us know how much you loved them. Take a photo of your finished bites and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other simple plant-based recipes to try? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.