Vegan Chili And Cornbread For The Winter
UNIQUE IN THE KITCHEN
We love it when Tonia joins us in the kitchen. Her recipes are always so unique and flavorful. Tonia is not only talented at veganizing any recipe, but she is also a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is a powerful contributor representing the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Making Vegan Chili Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult
We all need to incorporate more beans into our diets. Beans are a super healthy source of protein, fiber, and many more nutrients. This is a very easy and hearty chili recipe that helps you incorporate beans in your meal, in an oil-free, inexpensive, and easy way. This chili has black beans, cannellini beans, pinto beans, and garbanzo beans! Wow! And don’t forget the delicious cornbread! Let’s check it out…
Vegan Chili and Cornbread
- VEGAN CORNBREAD:
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 VEGETARIAN box of Jiffy corn bread mix
- CRAZY EASY 5 CAN VEGAN CHILI:
- 28 oz can of diced or crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz can of black beans
- 15 oz can of cannellini beans
- 15 oz can of pinto beans
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans
- 1 ½ Tbsp of chili powder
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp onion powder
- ½ Tbsp cumin
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 C chopped celery
- Salt to taste
- For the Cornbread:
- Mix together and pour into a 8 x 8” pan. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Top with your favorite vegan butter if you like!
- *you can also add Jalapenos, vegan cheese and black beans!
- For the Chili:
- Saute onions and celery in water. Drain and rinse all beans. Use all of the water from the tomatoes. Add all of the ingredients in a large pot on the stove.
- Stir well to make sure all of the spices get mixed in.
- Once soup is hot, turn to low temp and cook for 20 minutes. If desired, top with fresh avocado, your favorite vegan cheese or vegan sour cream. Enjoy!
Thanks For Stopping By For Lunch
It is always fun to have Tonia on the show, always bringing us great recipes. Give this chili a try and let us know how you liked it. And don’t forget the cornbread. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. We can’t wait to see your dish! Looking for more easy vegan recipes to try? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.