A Vegan Meat Lovers Specialty
Just because you’re vegan doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy “meat.” You can, it’s just meat that doesn’t come from animals. The flavors and textures are identical to animal-based products, so even your non-vegan friends will enjoy them. Today’s #LunchBreakLIVE guest Chef, Gina Bonanno-Lemos, shares with us her famous meat lovers burger, made with vegan meat by Beyond Meat. And it is delicious, proving anything can be made vegan and still keep its flavor. Let’s take a closer look at how she threw this masterpiece together.
What The Fork?
Gina Bonanno-Lemos is the award-winning author of “What The Fork?: The Secret Cause Of Disease” and a certified vegan and integrative nutrition specialist. She’s also the host and producer of the YouTube channel and podcast, Plants And Politics, where she exposes the government corruption that keeps us in a profit-driven state of sickness and relies on an antiquated system that largely ignores the science surrounding a plant-based diet and alternative treatments. Find many of the presentations from the Plant-Based Conference she produced, including one from the world-known Dr. Klapper, on UnChainedTV!
Vegan Meat Lovers Heaven
The Meat Lovers Burger has been called “the best burger I’ve ever had” by meat-eaters. Not just the best vegan burger, but the best burger of ANY KIND! It’s delicious and juicy, and it even contains some disease-fighting phytonutrients! Made with Beyond Meat, fresh crisp apples, parsley, and spices! This is definitely a recipe you will want to feed your vegan-curious friends. They will be blown away.
Vegan Meat Lovers Burger
- 1 Package of Beyond Meat
- ½-1 Bunch of Green Onions Finely Chopped
- ¼ Green Apple Diced
- ½ Bunch Curly Parsley Finely Chopped
- 1 TBSP Mango Chutney
- 1 tsp Chipotle Tabasco plus more for dipping and/or topping
- ½ Lemon Rind Grated
- ½ Lemon Juiced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Whole grain or gluten-free buns
- 2 tsp Safflower oil or any other neutral-flavored oil
- Vegan Mayo optional
- Prepare the onions, apple, and parsley, and grate the lemon rind into a medium-sized bowl.
- Saute the onions and apples in a small pan with 1-2 teaspoons of oil for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until the onions are very soft.
- Set aside onions and apples and allow to cool.
- When apples and onions have cooled, combine all ingredients in the bowl with the grated lemon rind and mix by hand until well-blended.
- Form 3-4 patties, depending on your appetite, and place on a foil or parchment-lined flat surface.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour prior to grilling.
- Grill for approximately 5-7 minutes on each side until slightly charred, being careful not to turn over too soon.
- Prepare the buns with vegan mayo and chipotle tabasco, top with a burger and serve with optional chipotle tabasco on the side for dipping.
- Serve with grilled veggies or a side salad to level-up your nutrient intake.
A Vegan Meat Burger That Will Change Hearts And Minds
This vegan meat lovers burger is sure to change hearts and minds, so go ahead and give it a try and be sure to serve it to all your meat-eating friends. Watch them start to think twice about why they haven’t given up meat yet. After eating this beyond meat masterpiece they may just take the plunge towards plant-based eating. Be sure to take a photo of your finished burger and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-inspired recipes to try? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl