Vegan Isomalt Sugar. Use Sugar To Level Up!
Create sugar art for cakes & baked goods! Elevate a basic-looking cake into an exquisite one! Experience a demonstration of cupcake decorating, featuring Sira Garib, owner of Pure Vegan Cakes, along with her 4-year-old daughter Kaliya, who loves baking and decorating. This is a special episode of #LunchBreakLIVE where we learn all about using vegan isomalt sugar, to up-level all your baked goods! Let’s see how it is done…
Fancy Vegan Cakes
Pure Vegan Cakes was founded in 2018. Their mission is to provide delicious plant-based cakes and desserts to people with dietary restrictions. They specialize in custom cakes, cookies, and cupcakes.
Pure Vegan Cakes take on difficult allergy requests to ensure a dessert can be created specially and with consideration for that person. Because EVERYONE deserves a cake they CAN eat! Sira is grateful to have the opportunity to make cakes for kids and adults who have never been able to eat a cake before. Sira and her team have baked cakes and goodies for many celebrities, including America’s Vegan Sweetheart Tabitha Brown and world-renowned bodybuilder Torre Washington. Located in West Palm Beach, Florida, Pure Vegan Cakes ships nationwide!
How To Make and Use Isomalt Sugar
Have you ever even heard of isomalt sugar? Probably not unless you are a seasoned baker or cake decorator. It’s a clear sugar you can use to create different art or shapes, and then use food coloring to add the color or colors of your choice. It totally levels up any baked treat like cakes, cookies, or cupcakes. Look how beautiful your desserts can be!
Vegan Isomalt Sugar
- Gather materials needed:
- ▪ Silicone mat
- ▪ Clips/clothes pins
- ▪ Measuring cup
- ▪ Small pot and spoon
- ▪ Food coloring of your choice for decorating
- ▪ Small paint brush
- 1/3 cup of isomalt sugar
- Step 1: Heat pot on medium heat
- Step 2: Add 1/3 cup of isomalt sugar
- Step 3: Allow sugar to cook for 2 minutes in which it will dissolve into bubbling sugar syrup
- Step 4: Pour Sugar onto silicone mat
- Step 5: Place round object beneath mat such as a glass jar or drinking glass. This object should give you some height.
- Step 6: Quickly use clothes pins/clips to clip the mat in certain areas to create the round shape on top
- Step 7: Allow sugar art to cool/dry overnight
- Step 8: Gently remove clothes pins/clips to release the sugar art
- Step 9: Paint the edge of the sugar art to desired color of your choice using food coloring and small paint brush.
- Step 10: Place small bit of frosting on top of your cake and set your sugar art
Time To Beautify Your Treats!
Ready to make your treats look amazing? Give this trick a try by using isomalt sugar to beautify your baked goods! Your friends and family will be super impressed with your artwork. Take a photo of your finished desserts and tag @UnChianed_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy vegan recipes to cook up? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.