Ever Had A Hearts of Palm Fritter?
Want to bring more plants to your plate? Need ideas for family meals? Plant Based In the ‘Burbs brings easy vegan dinner recipes the whole family will love! Today Sherri and Paige join us with a tasty Hearts of Palm Fritter recipe. It’s healthy, crispy, and bursting with flavors! Let’s take a look at how simple it is to make this awesome dinner.
Plant-Based In The Burbs Hosts and Chefs
Sherri Johnson is an entrepreneur, personal trainer, mother, wife, and lifelong lover of cooking. As a child, she watched her grandmother make magic in the kitchen, which solidified a loving and personal connection to food. Eventually, Sherri discovered a passion for healthy living and veganism. She learned that plant-based eating was not only conducive to a healthy mind and body, but also a compassionate approach to healing the planet and caring for its animals. Through Plant-Based in the Burbs on UnchainedTV, Sherri shares her techniques for creating “veganized” versions of your favorite meals. With her friendly approach and infectious charm, she demonstrates that veganism is not only healthy but easily accessible to everyone. Through this platform, Sherri hopes to encourage others to explore the lifestyle that has completely changed her for the better. Sherri is deeply passionate about helping others step into the highest version of themselves. By sharing her expertise as a personal trainer and advocate for veganism, she helps clients and viewers create the body and lifestyle of their dreams. In addition to physical fitness and delicious food, Sheri plans on launching an activewear brand called W29 that promises to serve as a force to uplift and inspire women.
Celebrating being vegan for 7 years, Paige Parsons Roache has been committed to bringing ECO-VEGANISM to the forefront of every interaction: Environmentally conscious vegan living. After watching the documentary COWSPIRACY, she went vegan on the spot. Her daughter Katelyn, 13 at the time, chose veganism for the animals 6 months earlier. Paige, on the other hand, after being shocked by the environmental impact of eating meat and dairy, chose to go vegan “for the environment.” Soon after, she attended her first pig vigil with LA Animal Save/Animal Save Movement. Once she looked those baby pigs in the eyes, she knew why her daughter had gone vegan. Cooking as a guest chef on LunchBreakLIVE after meeting Jane Velez-Mitchell at VegFestLA, and inspired by Jane’s bold courage, Paige became a Contributor for UnChainedTV. Reporting on all the latest animal rights news. She also became the Senior Booker for UnChainedTV. Now, the Communications Director of UnchainedTV’s streaming network, and co-producer/co-host of the Plant-Based In the ‘Burbs show, Paige brings inspiration, humor, and humbleness to the kitchen, showing simple swap-outs and easy recipes to inspire people to bring more plants on their plates.
Crispy Hearts of Palm Fritters Made Easy
Once you have all the ingredients for this Hearts of Palm Fritter recipe, it only takes a short amount of time to make. These are the recipes I love…the quick and easy ones to prepare. Hearts of palm absorbs flavors nicely, so with all the added ingredients, the flavor is abundant. After frying it up you have a beautiful, crispy fritter that will be loved by all.
HEARTS OF PALM FRITTER
- 2 14.1 oz can of hearts of palm Drain but reserve brine for later
- 1 Cup Of brine from hearts of palm
- 3 tbs Soy sauce
- 2 tbs Molasses
- Juice of 3/4 lemon
- 2 Cup Flour of choice
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 3/4 Cup Green onion sliced thin
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Cup Carrots shredded
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Nutrtional Yeast
- 2 tsp 21 Seasoning Salute
- 2 tbs Ole bay oil for frying
- First, drain and shred the hearts of palm; using your hands to shred the palms works best. Place in a bowl and add the soy sauce, molasses, and lemon juice to the heart of palms, mix and put to the side. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, 21 seasoning salute, nutritional yeast, and black pepper in another bowl, then place to the side.
- Next, grab the hearts of palm mixture and combine the green onions, garlic cloves, carrots, cumin, ole bay, and smoked paprika and mix well. Once the heart of palms mixture is well combined, add it to the flour mixture and stir in the 1 cup of brine. Make sure the mixture is blended well. Add oil to the skillet. Make sure the oil is hot enough to fry the fritters. Add 1/2 c of the mix into the skillet and flatten with a spatula. Don't overcrowd the skillet, and fry both sides until golden brown. Enjoy your fritters with your favorite sauce or your favorite sides.
Thanks For Joining in on This Tasty Recipe
I truly enjoyed learning about this recipe, and I sure hope you did too. Will you give it a try? If so be sure to take a photo of your finished Fritter and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to try? Hop on over to our recipe page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.