Wow your family with a delicious Thanksgiving breakfast! Show them the vegan way! LunchBreakLIVE with host Melissa Breslow, founder of Open Eyes Foundation /Festival Promoter/Naam Los Angeles Yoga Teacher with her guest chef Tori Ross, Actor/YouTuber/Dog Mom making a tasty Tofu Scramble LIVE!
Tori has been vegan for two and a half years! Before that, she was vegetarian which was not the easiest lifestyle choice growing up in Oklahoma with everyone else she knew eating meat. When Tori ate a bunch of cheese at an event where that was the only vegetarian option, she got so sick she decided to transition to veganism. Now, she just finished a 3-month fellowship with the Humane League! She helped make impactful videos to effectively bring awareness to every audience! Tori explains that she loves food more than ever now that she is vegan. She says you don’t sacrifice any flavor when you eat plants instead!
Chef Tori makes the best tofu scramble according to Melissa! We are excited to see how she makes this tofu scramble so gosh darn good! Tori starts off with Bragg Liquid Aminos and tosses in some of their nutritional yeast too which gives the scramble a cheesy flavor and is packed with beneficial B12 vitamins! She presses the tofu and adds more spices including turmeric, which is great for preventing and treating inflammation! Melissa explains if you don’t eat soy you can substitute the soybean tofu with hemp tofu! We learn something new every time we watch this show! Tori adds spinach and tomatoes but you can add almost any other produce you prefer. Then she adds cilantro, which is not for everybody so it can be substituted with parsley, chives, or another herb! Once it’s all whipped up, Melissa dives in for the taste test. She says it’s the best tofu scramble in the world! Try making it at home with Chef Tori’s recipe and wow your friends and family with a great start to their holiday festivities! Choose peace and leave the turkey off your plate. Happy Thanksliving everyone!
The Best Darn Tofu Scramble Recipe
by Tori Ross
14 oz. package extra-firm tofu (preferably organic + sprouted)
4 Tbs Liquid Aminos / Tamari / Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Toasted Sesame Oil
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp garam masala or curry powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
dash of sea salt
a dozen cherry tomatoes
a few sprigs of fresh cilantro
1. Drain tofu and press between towels (cloth or paper) for several minutes to draw out excess water. While that’s pressing –
2. Add all ingredients (except tomatoes, cilantro, and tofu) to a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
3. Crumble tofu into bite-size pieces, add to mixture in the bowl and stir to coat all the tofu.
5. Heat 1-2 Tbs oil (preferably a high-smoke point oil like avocado or safflower) in a large skillet on med to med-high heat.
7. Add tofu to the pan, spread in an even layer, and cook for about five minutes. While that’s cooking –
8. Slice cherry tomatoes in half, then flip tofu (it should be a bit browned on the bottom) and add tomatoes to the pan.
9. Cook for another five minutes or so, until evenly cooked throughout and it’s slightly browned/crispy to your liking.
10. Serve in burritos, on toast, in breakfast bowls, and top with cilantro or any other fresh herbs and hot sauce you like!
Enjoy and share with friends and family any time of day!
Eternal love and gratitude,
What's Your Reaction?