Chickpea toona party time with Tonia Carrier! Tonia has been on #LunchBreakLIVE before cooking up so much goodness. Oh, I will never forget her buffalo cauliflower wings show. Mmmm so delicious! You can check out that episode HERE.
But for today, she makes an awesome toona salad that can be made into a sandwich, lettuce wraps, or just a tip for things like crackers. Let’s check it out.
Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Now let’s head back over to the kitchen and see what toona spectacular she whipped up for us today on #LunchBrekLIVE!
- 2 cans of rinsed drained chickpeas
- 2 sheets of crushed up sushi sheets
- 2 pieces of finely chopped celery or more if you like!
- 1 T. yellow mustard
- 1 t. soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 t. celery salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- * and as much vegan mayo as you'd like to add!
- 1 package of silken tofu
- * silken tofu will give you a more "liquidy" texture a firmer tofu will give it a firmer texture
- 1 T dijon mustard
- the juice of 1 lemon
- Mix the above ingredients in a food processor until creamy.
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.
Wow, this recipe looks delicious! ???