A Vegan Tofu Scramble Saturated In Love
Hungry for some Scrumptious Tofu Scramble? Today Paige Parsons Roache mixes up some organic sprouted firm tofu, delicious veggies, and her favorite plant-based cheeses on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. This show features Wildwood organic firm tofu, Follow Your Heart mozzarella shredded cheese, Violife cheese, Miyoko’s butter, Dave’s Killer Bread, Trader Joe’s spices, and Siete Family Foods almond flour tortillas.
Paige also talks about planting your own food, and the importance of composting. Be sure to plant your seeds now: Order your Sprout That Life (Starter Pack) of Kale, Arugula, and Beets from DJ CAVEM at chefietef.com, recently featured in People Magazine! Paige talks about ways to “MAKE AMERICA GREEN AGAIN” by such things as composting. Check out Full Circle Compost with Cecilie Stuart’s Move the World – DanceActivism company to find out more tips and options for sustainability.
Now let’s check out how Paige made her Tofu Scramble…
Make America Green Again, One Tofu Scramble At A Time
“MAKE AMERICA GREEN AGAIN” is Paige’s favorite saying. Her daughter went vegan at age13 and Paige joined her 6 months later, after watching the documentary Cowspiracy. She is committed to bringing environmentally conscious vegan living to the forefront and reports on animal rights stories, including The Save Movement’s vigils, various PETA protests, VegFests, AV Cube of Truths, vegan conferences, and more. She now produces and co-hosts a weekly show, “Plant-Based In the ‘Burbs,” on JaneUnChained News Network with Sherri Johnson, supporting people in transitioning to a plant-based lifestyle. As Senior Booker and Producer at JaneUnChained News Network, Paige books guests and interviews for award-winning journalist and New York Times’ author Jane Velez-Mitchell, founder of JNN. Mother of two children in their twenties, and married twenty-five years, Paige is living a passion-filled life of purpose.
Tofu Scramble. Make It How You Love It.
Tofu Scramble is a great recipe with it’s versatility. You can pretty much pack your scramble with all your personal favorite veggies, leafy greens, cheeses, plant-based bacon or sausage, etc. You can personalize this recipe very easily, making it an all-time favorite for many. Paige put onions, red pepper, spinach, and vegan cheese in hers. I love broccoli and vegan bacon in mine. Tailor it how you like it and get cooking.
Scrumptious Tofu Scramble!
- 1 block of firm organic sprouted tofu suggested brand: Wildwood
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 C spinach
- 1/2 C Plantbased cheese Follow Your Heart, Violife
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1/4 C Nooch
- 1 piece of bread toasted (suggested: Dave’s killer Bread) Or Sietes brand Almond Flour Tortilla Wrap
- 2 slices heirloom tomato
- 3-4 slices of avocado
- A dab of Miyoko’s vegan butter
- Heat 4 Tsp of water in a skillet. Chop onion, peppers, and spinach.
- Sauté onions, peppers, and spinach for approximately 8 mins until slightly brown, adding water if need be, to keep from burning/sticking to the pan. Keep a close eye.
- Add tofu-either break the block into small bite-size pieces, or place in a bowl, and separate with a fork, then add. Heat for 8 mins. Sprinkle the seasonings and Nooch. Top with grated plant-based cheese. Cover with lid for 4 mins or until melty. Toast the bread. Add Miyoko’s butter, spread. Top the scramble on the toast, add tomato and avocado. Serve warm. Garnish with salsa if you prefer. Enjoy!
Breakfast For Lunch. Thanks For Joining.
Thanks for joining us for some delicious Tofu Scramble. This was a simple and fun recipe to make and is generally a favorite for many vegans and non-vegans alike. So I hope you give it a try. If you are looking for more easy vegan recipes to try be sure to jump over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.