VEGAN BUFFALO ‘CHICKEN’ DIP THAT WILL VANISH QUICK
The MOST DELICIOUS Vegan Buffalo ‘Chicken’ Dip on #LunchBreakLIVE! This plant-based appetizer is a sure home run for your guests! Consider yourself warned: once you serve it to your friends, they’ll request it at every party! Beauty and health expert Lindsaya VanDeusen creates this tasty dip for us, LIVE!
A BEAUTY AND HEALTH EXPERT AND SO MUCH MORE
WIFE, MUM, BEAUTY BRAND DIRECTOR & WELLNESS STRATEGIST
Lindsaya VanDeusen is an Intuitive Wellness Strategist and passionately empowers people struggling to feel good in their skin and have a desire to live a happy, healthy, and well life.
Lindsaya uses affordable, simple, and realistic conscious consumption strategies to help her clients navigate challenging healing journeys. Holistic and intuitive wellness practices have been instrumental in her healing journey. She uses the Good | Better | Best method to examine each client’s relationship with food, stress, weight, movement, home/work toxins, beauty, and sleep and provides a clear plan of action to put them back in the driver’s seat of their health.
Her wellness journey has spanned nearly 17 years and is why she has streamlined the intimate connection between what we consume, how we take care of our bodies, our general happiness, health, and fulfillment. She is a firm believer that our overall wellness is a function of what we choose to consume.
Having struggled for years with obesity, mental health challenges, and chronic illness due to a childhood founded on poor nutrition, Lindsaya knows what it is like to live with a chronic illness, both from a personal and professional perspective. She relies on her years of physical, emotional, and spiritual pain to share how we others can heal and become their own Wellness Warrior. The birth of her daughter is what influenced her shift to more conscious nutrition habits with a desire to improve her health. Since then Lindsaya and her Wellness Collective have helped over 1000 families, multiple schools, and groups to improve their health through conscious consumption and other convenient wellness strategies. Her greatest joy comes from assisting others in leading healthier lifestyles.
Over the years, Lindsaya has held many positions, such as an educator, team leader, Director of Education, and current role as beauty Brand Director. She has a deep understanding that beauty begins with a burning desire to help humans reduce toxicity while transforming their lives by making incremental shifts that build new and healthier lifestyle habits.
NOW BACK TO THE VEGAN ‘CHICKEN’ BUFFALO DIP…OH MY!
This dip will soon become a favorite for all your friends and family. They will be requesting it for all BBQs this summer or baby showers, or birthdays, or whatever gatherings you might have up your sleeve. Your family will be begging for appetizers for dinner or lunch, just so they can have this dip. It is that good! The recipe is so damn simple to make, so you must try it. Jackfruit replaces the “chicken” and is perfect because of its shredded texture and ability to absorb flavors so well. OMG, I can’t wait to make this myself. I must admit Buffalo Chicken anything was one of my favorites during my pre-vegan days so this dip is magical in my eyes.
Vegan Buffalo Chicken-Less Dip
- 1 cup Raw Cashew Nuts
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 3 stalk medium Celery diced
- 225 g Native Forest Organic Young Jackfruit hand-shred
- 12 tbsp Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce or your brand choice
- 1 tbsp SunCoCo cooking oil
- 4 Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup Water Filtered
- 8 tbsp Follow Your Heart organic vegan mayo
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Overnight or hot water soak for 10-15 minutes 1.5 cups of cashews.
- Dice onion & celery
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil over med/high heat. Add onions and celery and saute until browned and onions are translucent.
- Peel and press garlic (don’t own a garlic press… then you’re welcome to the kitchen tool that saves the day… otherwise…mince mince mince)
- Hand shred the canned jackfruit (this can be made with fresh jackfruit, if available in your area).
- Add pressed garlic and jackfruit to the onion and celery mixture on the stove. Saute until fragrant.
- Add 1/4 – 1/2 Cup of preferred buffalo sauce. I am choosing Primal Kitchen as it is the cleanest I have found. Saute 3-5 minutes. Then put a top on it and remove it from heat.
- Strain cashews, add nutritional yeast, strained cashews, and 1/4-1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup mayo to the blender. Drizzle in water as need, until the consistency of queso cheese.
- Add sauce to saute pan, mix to heat over low/medium heat OR bake @325° for 15 minutes.
- ENJOY! Serve with fresh-cut veggies and dig in.
WATCH THAT VEGAN BUFFALO ‘CHICKEN’ DIP DISAPPEAR FROM THE TABLE!
WOW! I am sooooooo excited about this recipe, and I hope you are too! Give it a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo of the dip you made and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on IG. If you want to try other amazing plant-based recipes, be sure to check out the #LunchBreakLIVE page… where we have loads to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl