THE SECRET TO DELICIOUS PLANT-BASED MEXICAN LASAGNA
The secret to making Plant-Based Mexican Lasagna is revealed on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE with our featured guests Plant Chics’ Jacque & Marzia, who’ll be making this awesome meal for us. This dish is nutrient-dense and delish! Let’s see how it is done…
THE PLANT CHICS’
The Plant Chics’, Marzia Prince, and Jacque Tarlton help women get off fad diets and on a sustainable lifestyle. They have worked in the health and fitness industry for a combination of 48 years. They provide digital plant-based nutrition and fitness programs for women around the world, and they have created an incredible community – the Plant Chics Tribe – where women come together to support one another on their plant-based journeys.
And the best part? You’re never too young, or too old to start! The Plant Chics’ are all-inclusive and they invite you to join them in the Plant Chics Lifestyle of food, fitness, and fun!
Be sure to follow the Plant Chics’ on Instagram at @PlantChics. @MarziaPrince and @fabulousjacque.
MEXICAN LASAGNA, A FAVORITE MEAL FOR THE PANT CHICS’
Mexican Lasagna is one of The Plant Chics’ favorite one-pot Instant Pot meals. It is flavorful and filling, whole-food plant-based, and has no added salt, oil, or sugar. This meal is nutrient-dense and super yummy! Everyone they have made this for always requests the recipe! Lucky for you, it is posted below so you can give it a try. This Mexican Lasagna is made with layers of tortillas, a jackfruit-potato mixture, and a pico-corn relish mixture. Layer it 4 or 5 times and you have an incredible Mexican Lasagna, sometimes called Mexican Casserole.
Vegan Mexican Lasgana
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cubed, cooked (peeled is optional)
- 2 cans Hatch red chili you can also use green
- Pico diced tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno to taste
- 1 cup fire roasted corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 can jackfruit shredded
- 6 - 8 Organic corn tortillas
- Cook sweet potatoes (or you can purchase frozen precooked cubed sweet potatoes).
- Shred jackfruit and set aside in a bowl.
- In one large bowl add pico, black beans, and fire roasted corn. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl add cooked sweet potatoes and about 3/4 of a can of the Hatch red sauce. Mash to desired consistency. We like it a little thick and chunky.
- Add shredded jack fruit to sweet potatoes and sauce. Stir to combine. Add additional red sauce as needed.
- Pour some red sauce on bottom of Instant Pot pan so the corn tortillas will not stick. Don't be stingy when pouring to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the lasagna starting with corn tortilla, jackfruit-potato mixture to cover tortilla, then pico-corn relish mixture to top it off. We usually stack 4 - 5 layers, or until we run out of jackfruit-potato or pico-corn relish, or if the layers reach "max capacity" line on the Instant Pot.
- Add corn tortilla as top layer and cover with more red sauce.
- Close and lock Instant Pot lid. Seal vent. Plug in Instant Pot and press "RICE" setting. Let the Instant Pot do it's magic and you will have your one pot meal ready in about 25 minutes!
- Top with cilantro and any of your favorite herbs. Enjoy!
MEXICAN LASAGNA WILL BE YOUR NEW FAVORITE
This dish is so tasty I believe it may become one of your favorite dishes! So get cooking and give it a try. If you are looking for other yummy plant-based recipes to cook up, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Take a photo of what you make and tag @JaneUnChained on Instagram! Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.
Just now put your Mexican Lasagna in my new instantpot/air fryer.
My IP does NOT have the RICE button.
So I just set it on manual for 25 minutes and crossing my fingers that it comes out like yours!
Have you had this question before about using the manual setting?