VEGAN CRUNCH WRAP THAT WILL SATISFY ALL YOUR SENSES
Chef Mandy Vara of Black Sheep Retreat Sanctuary will show us how to make this delicious vegan crunch wrap – a super easy and healthy meal. This is the perfect meal to throw together when you don’t have a lot of time for cooking and prepping. It’s quick and yummy. Let’s see how it is done…
MANDY AND HER BLACK SHEEP RETREAT SANCTUARY
Mandy Vara is a dedicated vegan and animal activist, a U.S. citizen living near Cancun, Mexico. Mandy runs a small sanctuary for farmed animals called Black Sheep Retreat. It started because of a little black lamb needing a home. With only 8 farm animal sanctuaries in the entire country, no one had space to take him in. So Mandy did! Mandy is struggling to keep her sanctuary going and her rescued animals safe. Please help by sending whatever you can to @BlackSheepRetreat
NOW BACK TO THIS DELICIOUS VEGAN CRUNCH WRAP
This is a Mexican-style crunch wrap, better than anything you will ever find at your local Taco Bell! And way healthier. It packs an awesome flavor punch, and crunch with every bite. It’s got refired beans, black beans, chorizo, or whatever vegan meat crumble you like, and all the toppings you love. Top it off with some vegan sour cream and salsa and heaven awaits for your tastebuds.
Vegan Crunch Wrap
- 2 Burrito size tortillas or one burrito size, one taco size
- 2 flat round hard shell taco can split hard shell taco in half
- 1/4 cup Refried beans
- 1/4 cup Black beans
- Plant Based Chorizo or your choice of Plant Based Taco Meat
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegan cheese can be shredded Mexican blend or melted nacho cheese or both
- Sour Cream or Ranch Dressing to taste
- Onion red or white
- Preparation: Dice a small amount of onions, tomatoes and lettuce and mash an avocado.
- With the stove on low to medium, heat one side of one burrito shell.
- Once heated, turn over to heat the other side, if using shredded cheese, place shredded cheese in a circle in the center, turn on low and cover the pan for the cheese to melt While cheese is melting, in another pan, heat up the refried beans, black beans and choice of plant based meat.
- With the second burrito shell, cut into about an inch bigger circle than your circle hard shells.
- Slide the burrito with the melted cheese onto a plate and place the circle soft shell in the pan to heat up on both sides.
- Take your burrito with your melted cheese and add nacho cheese (optional) and the plant based meat and bean mixture in the same circle pattern.
- Add salsa on top of the mixture (add to taste preference) .
- On your first hard shell circle, cover it with the mashed avocado, then layer tomato, onion and lettuce
- If you’re using ranch, drizzle over the top of the lettuce and then add the second hard circle shell, if you’re using Sour Cream, add the sour cream to the bottom of the second circle shell and then put the shell on top of the lettuce.
- Take the heated soft shell and cover the hard shell tacos with it.
- Fold the Burrito wrap piece by piece, it will not connect in the center, and place on the pan set low-medium and cook until golden brown.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
WHAT A CRUNCHY AND DELICIOUS EPISODE!
This was a yummy episode. The crunch wrap reminded me of what I used to order at Taco Bell when I was a kid, only better! I hope you decide to give this a try. And if you do, be sure to take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram and leave a comment here telling us how you liked it. If you are in search of more vegan recipes to try, be sure to jump over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.