ZOODLES, THE BEST HEALTHY VEGAN PASTA RECIPE!
Tasty creamy vegan pasta recipe. A zucchini & mushroom delight, revealed on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE. This pasta is a fantastic alternative to traditional pasta and a great way to get in those whole foods in your meal for better health! Guest Chef Jeny Olvera joins us to show how to make this super simple and totally flavorful meal. Let’s take a closer look at how it is done…
MULTI-TALENTED VEGAN SUPERSTAR
Jeny is a multi-talented vegan creator living in Austin, Tx. She is a vegan chef, yoni steam practitioner, author, animal rights activist, and co-founder of The Wavy Movement. At 20 years old, she sparked an interest in veganism to better her health and it turned out to inspire her to be a voice for the voiceless animals. Her culinary flavors originate from her Mexican heritage, which aims to bring spicy, earthy, and pungent flavors. Jeny published “The Wavy Transformation E-Book” in 2020 that has 29 whole food recipes and much more! Her passion is to inspire the community and to help others transition to a vegan lifestyle through education, food tutorials, natural remedies, whole food recipes, and activism.
VEGAN PASTA RECIPE MADE THE HEALTHY WAY
This pasta is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy whole foods made from scratch. It is a gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free recipe that will rock your tastebuds! The combination of raw and slightly cooked ingredients helps to add more flavor to the dish and it makes this recipe much easier to prepare. The sauce is so creamy and so yummy! The ingredients are simple and the process even simpler, so give it a try. You won’t regret it.
Zucchini and Mushroom Vegan Pasta
- 4 large zucchini’s
- 1 purple onion
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbs of Olive oil
- 1/2 pound of crimini mushrooms of any of your choice
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 medium avocado
- 1-2 Tbs of Coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño optional
- 4 small key limes or 2 limes
- 1 cup of soaked blanched almonds
- 7 onces of water
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Small chunk of onion
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1/4 tsp of oregano
- 1/4 tsp of rosemary
- Using a spiralizer, turn the zucchinis into noodles!
- Chop your onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and set aside. Preheat stove top to medium heat.
- Once it is hot, add oil to sauté the onions. After a few minutes, add your mushrooms and lastly, your bell peppers.
- Allow them to sauté for 5-8 minutes and then add your coconut aminos. Let them sauté for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the veggies from the grill and drop the tomatoes into sauté in the liquids left over for 1-3 minutes.
- Set the sautéed veggies aside and move on to the sauce.
- Using a blender, add soaked almonds, oregano, sea salt, rosemary, onion, cilantro and key lime or lime juices.
- Add 7 ounces of water to the blender and mix until it reaches your desired taste and texture.
- Taste the sauce to see what it needs.
- Finally, add the sautéed veggies to the zucchini noodles along with the sauce, fresh cilantro, and fresh jalapeño.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and then serve on a plate with avocado and crushed red peppers on top.
WHAT A DELICIOUS LUNCH!
Wow, I love this recipe. So healthy and so flavorful! I hope you give this one a try for yourself. If you do be sure to take a photo of your finished dish and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. If you are in search of other plant-based/vegan recipes to try, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl