TWO RECIPES, ONE SHOW. VEGAN STEW + SAUTEED ZUCCHINI
Ready for the easiest vegan stew & sautéed zucchini? Let’s do it! Easy breezy veggies thrown in a pressure cooker, stew up, and serve. Plus a simple zucchini dish that will rock your world. Today’s guest Chef, Abigail Steinberg, co-founder of Pine & Gilmore Gourmet Vegan Foods, shows us how to throw these simple dishes together using her tasty products!
THE OG FOUNDER SHARES ALL
Abigail Steinberg is a sales executive, senior manager, consultant in the natural food industry, and co-founder of Pine & Gilmore Gourmet Vegan Foods. Steinberg was instrumental in launching Zevia, a zero-calorie stevia-sweetened soda, scaling it up for venture capital sales and successful acquisition. Steinberg held senior executive-level positions at Nutranext, Clorox (At Clorox Abigail was awarded “Hunter of The Year 2018 for top sales and territory growth). Steinberg left Clorox to join the Brandable Team in 2019 where she helped scale up VeggieCraft Farms Cauliflower Pasta for acquisition to Litehouse in September 2020.
Abigail is the author of Recipe for Success: An Insider’s Guide to Bringing Your Natural Food to Market, a natural foods bestseller and published by HarperCollins in November 2015. As a guide for natural food entrepreneurs, the book reveals common and costly mistakes in startup businesses. Currently, the book is available in ten countries and distributed by top retailers like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Target!
VEGAN STEW IS A PERFECT FAMILY MEAL
The vegan stew is so easy because you just throw all the ingredients into a pressure cooker and let it do its thing. It’s the perfect meal for the family. Pour the stew over some rice and you have yourself a very hearty and filling meal. Now for the sauteed zucchini. Zucchini is a versatile vegetable. Season zucchini with The OG TM and you will surprise people who may not normally choose this alkaline diet food. If weight loss is your goal, it is important to incorporate this vegetable into your routine. Sauteed or air-fried, it can zest up a rice bowl (see video) or a salad. Pair zucchini with mashed potatoes!
The OG TM Vegan Stew
- 1 cup The OG TM
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- ¼ cup of flour of any kind
- 2 Large Potatoes cut into big cubes
- 2 Celery stocks diced
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes diced
- 5-6 small florets of Cauliflower or Broccoli
- 1 small diced Onion
- 1 tsp diced Garlic
- 1 tsp of Pepper
- 1 tsp of Sugar any kind
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1/2 C Miyoko’s vegan cream cheese
- A drop of Chi Chi Peppers
- A few of The OG TM Zucchini (See addiitonal recipe in post)
- Served with Side Green Salad topped with The OG TM dressing.
- Set pressure cooker to Sautee and pour in the diced garlic with The OG TM.
- Add veggies starting with the hardest to softest for approximately 5-7min stirring constantly.
- Add the Vegetable Stock, water, Salt, Pepper, Sugar.
- Turn off the pressure cooker at 20min.
- When finished turn off and release the steam. Add the vegan cream cheese to thicken.
The OG TM Sauté Zucchini
- 1 Zucchini
- ¼ cup of The OG TM
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- Chop zucchini into coin like slices about ¼ inch thick. Place them into a large mixing bowl and toss with The OG TM, salt, and pepper, until fully coated with the marinade.
- Directions for Air Fryer:
- Place Zucchini in the Air Fryer and set timer to 10 minutes. After approximately 6-7 minutes give it a good stir. The zucchini will be in between cooked and raw. They taste delicious regardless but for a great sauté, set the timer for 10 minutes and add more time for desired sauté.
- Directions for the stovetop:
- In a steel pan add The OG and set to high. Wait 10-15 seconds, add zucchini, and cook for 1-2 min. Reduce heat and stir for approximately 5-7 minutes.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY FOR LUNCH
Buy yourself some of the OG products and give these recipes a try. They are simple and delicious. If you do cook them up, be sure to take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNews with your finished dish. Check out the #LunchBreakLIVE page for a ton more vegan recipes to try. Until next time…keep cookin’.
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl