A CHICKPEA SALAD THAT IS MIND-BLOWINGLY PERFECT
Learn to make this easy chickpea salad sandwich with vegan chef Kathy A. Davis, on #LunchBreakLIVE. This is one of those incredible recipes that can be made in no time but tastes like it took hours. It is creamy and flavorful, bringing with it satisfaction in every single bite. Let’s take a closer look at how to make this masterful sandwich.
INSPIRING VEGANISM WITH HER TASTY RECIPES
Kathy Davis is a plant-based lifestyle coach, recipe developer, and CEO of VegInspired. She’s been cooking up plant-based recipes in the kitchen (with her handsome husband John) since 2014 when they first transitioned to an “eat more plants” lifestyle. Since then, Kathy’s made it her mission to inspire others to Eat More Plants. Her cookbook Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Diet is bound to do just that! Kathy has also authored The 30-Minute Whole-Food, Plant-Based Cookbook and the Super Easy Plant-Based Cookbook.
Eating all over the spectrum, from “junk food” vegan meals to whole-food, plant-based meals, Kathy has tried it all. In 2019 Kathy tweaked her diet to a WFPB one. After 6 months, she successfully lost and kept off some excess weight and found her love of cooking with whole ingredients.
With over 70 recipes in her new book and three 7-day meal plans, there is something for everyone whether you are plant-based curious, a happy omnivore, an aspiring vegan, or a WFPB-foodie – her recipes wow even the pickiest eaters.
MAKE A CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH YOU WILL LOVE
Kathy enjoys creamy salads – and pre-vegan she loved taking leftover chicken and making a salad with mayo and crunchy veggies – like carrots and celery. Fast forward to her now better and healthier vegan lifestyle (and wanting to eat less processed stuff), she used chickpeas and tahini (sesame paste) instead of processed vegan items for this recipe – and it turned out perfectly.
Creamy and tangy with just the right amount of dill. This chickpea salad will be your go-to for vegan lunches, appetizer sandwiches, or just a tasty make-a-head creamy salad. If you love chickpeas and dill – this chickpea dill salad is sure to become a favorite of yours.
Chickpea Dill Salad
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup celery finely diced
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber finely diced, (if your cucumber is very seedy scrape out seeds with a spoon)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 1/4 cup dill pickle finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/16 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3/4-1 cup tahini paste enough to create a thick creamy dressing***
- I large bowl mash chickpeas with a potato masher or a fork until desired consistency/texture
- Add celery, onions, cucumbers, parsley, pickle, dill, set aside
- In small bowl (or 1 cup+ measuring cup) measure lemon juice, dijon, and garlic. Add tahini until you reach about 1 1/4 cup or you have a nice creamy dressing that is thick enough to coat your beans and veggies.
- Mix dressing in with beans and veggies.
- Serve on bread, pita, crackers, or atop a fresh green salad (this could also be a perfect lettuce wrap filling).
ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE THIS CHICKPEA SALAD?
So what do ya think? Are you going to give this recipe a try? I think you should and then let us know how you enjoyed it! Take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. Interested in other easy vegan recipes to cook up? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.