Horchata Vegan Mini Cakes For All
Tasty Horchata vegan mini cakes on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE! We have a brilliant guest baker, Jordan Rondel, creator of The Caker, with us today, showing us how to make this fabulous dessert! We are lucky to have her mixing up her magic in the kitchen for us. I can’t wait to learn how to make these cute and delicious mini cakes! Let’s see how it’s done…
Making Magic In The Form Of Cakes!
Jordan first experienced the elation of baking as a young girl visiting her grandparents in Paris. That joy of transforming carefully selected ingredients into a miraculously satisfying whole never left her, and as she grew up, the kitchen became her domain.
In 2010 in Auckland, New Zealand, she made a life-changing decision and founded The Caker. Her strong sense of self and style of her own immediately set her apart in her arena. She became a public figure, transcending not only the culinary space but also the world of entrepreneurship, fashion, and beauty. The made-to-order cakes (the couture), Jordan’s recipe books, and luxury cake kits (the ready-to-wear) started to gain an international cult following. This success propelled The Caker towards the USA in 2019. The Cake, with Jordan at the center of it, is in essence a lifestyle brand and a media company, with limitless potential.
How To Make Horchata Vegan Mini Cakes
Jordon loves taking the concepts of traditional desserts or drinks and transforming them into a cake. Horchata is a rice milk drink that is sweet, cinnamon-like, and incredibly delicious…so of course, she made Horchata into a cake! And a damn good one at that. Today we learned how to make little mini Horchata cakes which are great for bite-size little treats when that sweet tooth takes you by surprise. The incredibly talented and fashionable Jordon made making these little bites of heaven look so simple…but are they that easy to make? YES! The process is not that difficult, so go ahead and give the recipe a try!
Vegan Horchata Mini Cakes
- For the cakes:
- 200 g 7.1oz white or spelt flour
- 150 g 5.3oz soft brown, light muscovado or coconut sugar
- 100 g 3.5oz ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- For the cinnamon glaze:
- 125g 4.4oz powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tbsp rice milk
- For the decorations
- 1/2 cup rice puffs store bought
- 3-4 large fresh strawberries sliced thinly
- Preheat the oven to 170°C / 340°F on fan bake. Grease or place muffin papers in 10 holes of a large cupcake or muffin tray.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, ground almonds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually add the milk, vanilla extract and oil.
- Evenly divide the batter between the 10 holes. Dot a few strawberry quarters into each one and press down.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden in color, springy to the touch and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl combine the icing sugar, cinnamon and milk and mix together until smooth
- Once the cakes are completely cool, drizzle over the cinnamon glaze and decorate with strawberry slices and rice puffs.
Vegan Mini Cakes For Lunch Any Day!
What an absolutely special episode of #LunchBreakLIVE with the awesome Jordon Rondel in the kitchen. She is an AMAZING baker, and an all-around fantastic human being, who oozes a super cool sensibility in fashion, art, and desserts. I hope you give her Horchata vegan mini cakes a try and let us know how much you loved them, cause we think you will LOVE them. Take a photo of your finished treats and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. In search of other easy vegan recipes to try? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.