In this special episode of #LunchBreakLIVE Seyka Mejeur makes us an amazing cauliflower soup and roasted artichoke and asparagus. Holy yumminess! And get this, it is a fully keto meal! People say you can’t be keto as a vegan, but that just simply is not true. Check it out…
Seyka is a multi-passionate entrepreneur with her feet in two worlds: plant-based lifestyle, wellness and living an empowered life… as well as professional headhunting and people operations.
Seyka and her husband Brian have just completed a 21 Country Vegan Voyage where they traveled around the globe, made incredible friends, took adventures as they came, interviewed top chefs, enjoyed cuisine from around the globe, reduced barriers to a vegan cruelty-free lifestyle, and blogged about how easy and fun it can be to be vegan!
“Our goal is to change the world, for the sake of goodness. We want to make vegan, healthy and ethical options easier for people to understand and integrate into their lives. We are energetic, fun, kind, professionals who know how to bring wholehearted connection to the business side of life.”
Seyka is a long time animal lover, an indoor cycle instructor, 15-year yogi, runner, a home chef, a researcher and a published author of academic literature. You can find her publications in the International Journal of Stress Management and Psychology Today.
Brian and Seyka co-own an Aerospace Headhunting and People Operations Consulting company AdAstra where they use their professional talents in a fast-paced and high tech industry. They offer people operations and headhunting support to organizations in the environmental, animal welfare, and vegan spaces through For Goodness Seyks. Be sure to check them out. They are a couple of pretty damn amazing humans.
Now let’s check out how these two delicious, healthy, vegan, and keto recipes turned out!
Roasted Artichoke and Asparagus
- Prepare a baking dish with olive oil coating the bottom. Preheat the over to 450 convection bake.
- Trim the spikey part off the artichoke leaves. Cut the stem to about one inch.
- Cut the artichokes in half. Use a spoon to dig out the internal layer where the leaves change texture.
- Take your peeled garlic cloves plus a sprig of rosemary and stuff inside the artichoke. Place the artichokes face down on the baking dish. Put in the oven uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the outside of the artichoke is beginning to crisp.
- Add the asparagus to the baking dish. Cover the baking dish with a sheet of aluminum foil. Turn oven to bake at 450. Leave cooking for about 15 minutes or until a fork easily slides into the stem (pointed up toward the leaves) of the artichoke.
- 2 16 oz bags organic cauliflower Frozen
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 20 cloves Organic Garlic peeled
- 2 sweet or yellow Organic Onion peeled and chopped
- 1 cup organic fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 16 oz cans Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 16 oz can Organic Coconut Cream
- 3 tbs Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.25 cups fresh basil 1/4 cup saved for garnish
- In a large pot simmer cauliflower and water. Slice sweet onions, put in large skillet with olive oil, sautéing on medium heat Peel garlic, once onion has started to soften and be fragrant, add garlic Peel ginger, put in food processor or chop finely. Once garlic is fragrant, add to pan. Turn heat to low and allow to cook gently while preparing other food. Once cauliflower has softened put it in blender with one can of coconut milk and blend until totally smooth. Return to large pot. Add remaining can of coconut milk and a can of coconut cream to the blender, add the onion garlic ginger mix. Blend until smooth. Add one dense handful of basil leaves. Blend until smooth. Return to pot and mix well. Add salt and garlic powder to taste. Serve in a bowl with fresh basil as garnish!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.