This Vegan Chocolate Mousse Is So Velvety… It’s Heavenly
Learn the secret to making mind-blowingly scrumptious and velvety vegan chocolate mousse! Top food bloggers and cookbook authors, Ethan Ciment & Michael Suchman, aka the Vegan Mos, shows us how to create this delicious, guilt-free decadence on #LunchBreakLIVE. There is nothing that tops a creamy, velvety, chocolate mousse…it is pure comfort! And guess what…there are only 3 ingredients! It can’t get much easier than that. Let’s check it out…
The Vegan Mos. Who Are They?
Michael Suchman and Ethan Ciment founded and run the popular blog VeganMos.com. Through their recipes, they show that eliminating animal products does not mean giving up your favorite familiar foods. Together they were named one of the top 10 male vegan bloggers for 2015 by VegNews magazine and won a 2016 Bloggy Award as one of the top vegan blogs to follow from the same magazine. Their first cookbook, NYC Vegan: Iconic Recipes for a Taste of the Big Apple came out May 9, 2017. Ethan is a podiatric surgeon in Manhattan and is president of the board of directors of Woodstock Farm Sanctuary. They share a home in Brooklyn with their two vegan dogs, Charlie & Penny.
What an awesome duo! If you don’t already own their cookbook, I highly recommend it. The recipes are incredible and oh so fun to make. Be sure to check it out HERE and get your copy now. Follow the VeganMos on Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse Covered in Whipped Cream!
I love a recipe that includes whipped cream, Haha. This chocolate mousse recipe is SO EASY to make with just 3 simple ingredients: Water, Semi-sweet vegan chocolate, and vanilla extract. Oh yeah, and vegan whipped cream if you so desire. Seriously can’t get easier. I am so excited to try this recipe because I hardly ever make myself dessert, other than nice cream, because I find most dessert recipes to be too complicated, and I prefer simple when cooking. So this recipe is perfect. Let’s see how it turned out…
3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate 65-70% cocao
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Fill a large bowl with ice and nestle a smaller bowl inside it. You will use this for whipping up the mousse. Basically, you are creating an ice version of a double boiler. Set aside.
- Pour water into a small saucepan. Then over medium-low heat, whisk in the chocolate. Once the chocolate is all melted and the sauce is smooth, whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the prepared chilled bowl, then whisk the sauce either manually or with a handheld electric mixer. Just keep whisking and eventually the sauce will start thickening. It will go faster with an electric mixer.
- When mixture is thickened, spoon into individual ramekins and let set.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
1. Mixture doesn't thicken - the chocolate doesn't contain enough fat. Simply melt the mixture again, add more chocolate, and then whisk again.
2. Mousse is not light enough (too dense) - melt the mixture again, add 1 TBL water and whisk it again.
3. Mousse is grainy - you are a macho man and over whisked it. Simply melt the mixture and whisk it again, just not a much as before.
That Chocolate Mousse Was So Much YUM!
I hope you enjoyed this delicious vegan dessert as much as I did. I can’t wait to make this myself at home. So simple. So delicious. And really relatively guilt-free with only 3 ingredients. I hope you will give it a try. And if you are looking for more vegan desserts or meals to try, be sure to bounce over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton of recipes to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl