Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies For The Win!
Yummy salted chocolate chip cookies on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE! The classic chocolate chip cookie, ever so slightly soft and buttery, with an upgrade of sea salt sprinkled on top! Jump into the kitchen with today’s guest Chef, Natalia Lima, the founder, and owner of the Curious Cat Bakery, as she shows us how to simply make these delicious and beautiful cookies the whole family will love!
Vegan Baker Works Magic In The Kitchen
Natalia Lima is the founder and owner of the Curious Cat Bakery, a vegan bakery based out of St. Petersburg, FL. Natalia first made the switch to a plant-based diet in 2011 after watching a documentary about factory farming. Since then she’s devoted her career to helping animals — starting by eliminating any from her plate. She’s worked as a writer and publicist for animal rescue and protection organizations and after being unable to find a vegan dessert that would measure up to the ones she used to have, she set out on a new challenge to create the best-baked goods anyone’s ever tasted — that also just happen to be vegan.
Natalia has been featured in local and national press including NPR, VegNews, and the Tampa Bay Times. Her recipe eBooks and YouTube videos of tips on vegan baking have been viewed by thousands of people worldwide and her award-winning pastries have garnered a loyal and dedicated legion of fans that have called them “incredible,” “better than the croissants in Paris” and “pure magic.”
How To Make The BEST Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are nostalgic. Perfect softness and texture, and the same great taste you expect from a home-baked chocolate chip cookie, only better, because of the added sea salt sprinkled on top! These cookies are going to be a frequent request in your household once you make them. They will be a family favorite for adults and kids alike. Everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie!
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together canola oil, sugar, brown sugar and water until it forms a homogenous mixture.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and fold with a spatula until completely mixed.
- Add chocolate chips and use your hands to make sure they’re evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Cover the cookie dough and place in the fridge for 8-10 hours.
- After the dough has chilled, use a dough scooper to scoop it into a lined baking sheet.
- Use your hands to flatten the scoops into discs roughly 1/2 an inch high.
- Sprinkle cookies with sea salt.
- Bake at 325F for 8-9 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- To save cookies for later, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag once cooled and freeze for up to 6 weeks. To reheat, place them in the oven at 350F until the chocolate chips start to melt.
Cookies For Lunch Any Day!
I’ll take home-baked salted chocolate chip cookies any day over a “normal” lunch. Ha ha. And these look way too good to pass up. Go ahead and give these morsels of heaven a try and let us know how much you loved them. Looking for other easy vegan recipes to try? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl