Cauliflower Steak, Bistro Rice, and a Side Salad!
Enjoy this colorful, high-end, savory cauliflower steak dish that you’d expect to find in a fancy bistro in any metropolitan downtown. The only difference is we’re putting a vegan spin on it! Guest Chef, Letha Coughlin, joins us on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. She shows us how to make this impressive, delicious, and filling dish! Let’s see how it’s done…
About Our Chef
Letha Coughlin is a mother of twins, certified Health Coach, and Personal Trainer. She owns a plant-based gym and provides cruelty-free services to all of her clientele. She specializes in weight loss and lifestyle management. Coach Letha also works for a major medical group in Southern California teaching the community how to create beautiful vegan dishes. As part of her mission as a life Coach, Letha is finally opening her dog sitting care center partnered with Saint Martins Animal Foundation, serving the inland empire, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
Impressive Cauliflower Steak. Fancy, Yet Easy To Make!
Not only is this cauliflower steak and bistro rice colorful, but it’s also incredibly filling and delightfully packed with flavor. Impress all of your family members and special guest with the classiest dish of the year. Cauliflower steaks, bistro blend rice, and a refreshing side salad. The ingredients are special and savory, making this recipe super tasty and ready to impress anyone who tries it.
Cauliflower steaks with bistro rice and a side salad
- Bistro Rice:
- 4 cups of cooked wild rice blend Optional, cook with veggie broth
- 2 cups of cooked butternut squash
- 2 cups of cooked greens
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp of nut and dried berry blend
- Dressing for Bistro Rice:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- For the Cauliflower Steaks:
- Two heads of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- -Cook rice according to directions on package. Every wild rice cooks differently depending on blend. For this recipe you will produce 4 cups of cooked wild rice. It is optional to use a broth instead of water.
- Once rice is cooked work on the additional cooked ingredients in a separate pan.
- Note: wild rice takes a bit longer than the average white rice so wait for close to tenderness in the grain before you start cooking your second cooked ingredients to add to your bistro rice.
- In separate pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Add cubed butternut squash. Cook for approximately 5 to 8 minutes. Once a fork can penetrate the cubed butternut squash without much effort place in greens. Cook greens for approximately 2 to 4 minutes. add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle garlic powder if desired.
- Last but not least let’s get into the mother Ingredients of the bistro rice, the dressing. This lovely dressing pairs the brother and sister perfectly.
- Grab a bowl, blend all ingredients in the bowl. Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, Dijon mustard, and maple syrup. Mix and whisk away until all ingredients are blended.
- Note: This dressing can be used for multiple dishes and really draws out the pops of flavor from nuts and berries.
- For the final Bistro rice blend you will fold the ingredients within each other. Rice, butternut squash, green blend, and dressing.
- Set oven for 450°
- Peel off greens from the cauliflower head. Begin to cut down into the cauliflower head creating 1 inch steak like slices. Place the steaks on a roasting sheet. Drizzle olive oil, salt,pepper, garlic powder and paprika over each side of the cauliflower steaks. Roast one side for five minutes then flip to the other side and roast for an additional 6 to 8 minutes. Poke with a fork to make sure tenderness is to your liking. Pull out of oven and garnish with oregano or parsley.
Thanks For Joining Us For Lunch
This was a super special and fancy episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. The cauliflower steak paired with bistro rice and salad is the perfect meal for a dinner party because it’s impressive, colorful, healthy, and bursting with flavors! Give it a try a let us know how much you loved it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to cook up? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time, keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.