This Massive Quinoa Bowl Is Full Of Health And Flavor!
Today on #LunchBreakLIVE we have a huge badass quinoa bowl made by our featured guest chef, vegan badass, Erin DeMarines.Erin has all the secrets for how to maintain a healthy plant-based lifestyle, without losing all the flavors and fun that come with eating. Today she shows us how to throw together one of her favorite vegan bowls, made with all kinds of healthy nutrients, and lots of love. Let’s take a closer look…
20 Years Eating Plant-Based
Vegan Food Developer, Athlete, Chef & Entrepreneur, Erin DeMarines has been eating plant-based for over 20 years and is passionate about creating delicious meals enjoyed by all. Sharing her love of food and fitness, Erin is currently in the process of creating a Vegan cookbook to be released this Summer. She collaborates with Tampa Bay chefs to include plant-based dishes on their menus and focuses on living a fully sustainable life driven by her passion for leaving the world a better place.
Erin started her athletic career at age four when her dad took her to the track and introduced her to running. She took that first step and developed it into a lifelong passion for running, racing, and triathlons. Erin knew from training how imperative proper eating habits are, and thus, the 3BAR energy bar was born using her grandmother’s cookie recipe. Now that 3BAR is nationwide, she is adding her next product, Plant-Powered Pop, a vegan popcorn snack under the umbrella of her company, e FIT Foods Inc. Erin is committed to developing vegan food that not only tastes great but is equally nutritious and balanced.
Let’s Make This Massive Quinoa Bowl!
This vegan quinoa bowl is delightful, balanced, and easy to prep, make and eat for lunch or dinner. It is full of fuel for your body and delicious to eat. The perfect dressing and satisfying ingredients bring joy to every single bite. It is the perfect meal for when you are in a hurry, and you can make it ahead of time for future days! The perfect meal prep!
Big Ass Quinoa Bowl
- 3 cup kale - oiled and massaged
- 1 cup cooked quinoa chilled or hot
- 1/2 cup red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup rainbow carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans if using cooked, canned beans - rinse before using 1⁄2 c microgreens
- 1/3 cup cooked beets chopped
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan feta cheese
- 1 tbls hemp hearts - shelled hemp seeds
- 2 tbls chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped feta
- Tangy dressing:
- 3 tbls Tahini squeezable bottle
- 4 splashes of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 dashes salt & pepper to taster
- After cooking the quinoa add to the bowl. Either hot or cold. This is a personal preference. Add 3 cups of kale to the bowl, drizzle a little olive oil over your kale, and massage.
- Add all the other ingredients to the kale and quinoa.
- For the dressing, you can prepare the dressing right on top of the salad! Drizzle the Tahini all over the salad or mustard if you don’t love Tahini.
- Splash on the white balsamic vinegar
- Dash in your garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients up and serve
- Salad will last a week in the fridge
Thank You For Stopping By For Lunch
Thanks for joining us for this fabulous, tasty, and super healthy big-ass quinoa bowl! Give the recipe a try and let us know how much you loved it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Interested in other easy plant-based recipes to try? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.