Have You Ever Had Raw Pasta?
This is the most amazing, healthy vegan recipe made by the Raw Vegan Queen herself, Doreet, also known as Elegantly Raw. Today she shows us how to make a delicious raw vegan pasta that is made with beautiful ingredients directly from the earth. No oil or added salt, or cooking is involved in the creation of this beautiful meal. The star of the show in this dish is sea moss! Let’s take a closer look at how the magic happens…
WATCH THE FULL SHOW HERE
A Love For Raw Plant-Based Health
Doreet’s love for Life and all the experiences of a severe illness that brought her close to dying propelled her into writing her book, Celebrating Our Raw Nature, A Guide for Transitioning to a Plant-Based, Living foods Diet. And then its sequel, Celebrating our Raw Nature, Plant-based Living Cuisine (the all raw version with an accent on seasonal meals and recipes for children) which is available on Amazon.com.
Dorit (pronounced Doreet & in the USA she spells her name phonetically) is a prodigious recipe creator and her scope of recipes that she customizes for her clients ranges from ill and pain-ridden people to well-known top athletes like tennis player Serena Williams, with whom she worked with for 2 years to help her get into top form to win the London Olympics.
Presently Doreet creates recipes for her Elegantly Raw Show on UnChainedTV and for joinfoody.com which is an online recipe marketplace for culinary creators.
How To Make Healthy Vegan Raw Pasta
Learn how to make a vegan, raw pasta dish with the nutritional powerhouse- Sea Moss. The extraordinary Elegantly Raw, Doreet, showed us how to make this fantastic dish, and below is the recipe along with some photos to inspire you to give it a try.
But first, let’s learn why sea moss is so important to add to our diets…
Sea moss is rich in an amino acid called taurine, which helps with muscle-building and aids in muscle recovery after intense exercise. Sea moss & kelp should be staples for vegans as Iodine is one of the keys to a healthy thyroid, but because our body doesn’t make iodine on its own, we can only get it through diet and most vegan diets do not deliver this efficiently. Doreet made an incredible sea moss dressing for her raw pasta dish.
This living, raw pasta recipe includes both sea moss and kelp while delivering a flavor profile that will awaken all your senses. This is a recipe you defiantly want to try for your health, healing, and culinary delight. It is super simple and fun to make, and rewarding with every bite.
Doreet's Living Pasta with Sea Moss Sauce
- Doreet's Elegantly Raw Vegan Parmesan:
- 1 cup mixed Raw Brazil Nuts & Raw Pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast optional
- Doreet's Sea Moss Sauce:
- 1/2 cup soaked Truly Raw Cashews
- 1/2 -1 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 dried Chipotle pepper
- Herbs- Fresh Thai Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary & Sage
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- Drop of Coconut Aminos or according to your taste
- 1 whopping teaspoon Sea Moss Gel
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- For The Pasta:
- 5-6 Courgettes Zucchini
- 1/4-1/2 Napa Cabbage finely shredded like spaghetti pasta
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper cut length wise
- 1/4 cup Raw fresh or frozen Kelp (optional)
- For the Parm Cheese:
- Grind nuts in a mortar & pestle until a fine or a coarse powder is achieved or grind in a food processor. Add Nutritional yeast & mix it in.
- Place the extra Raw Parmesan in the fridge and use as a topping for salads & soups
- For The Sea Moss Sauce:
- Blend together in a food processor or blender
- For The Raw Pasta:
- Use a Spirooli machine to make the Zoodles (or purchase at a market that sells them prepped & ready to go).
- Place everything in a very wide pasta bowl, add the sauce (or place on the side). Sprinkle on with the raw Parmesan and serve.
Thanks For Joining Us For Some Vegan Raw Pasta- Living Foods For Health!
Doreet is amazing and highly educated in the raw plant-based food arena, so be sure to keep an eye out for what she might be making for us next. In the meantime, give this raw pasta recipe a try and let us know how much you enjoyed it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other vegan recipe ideas? Jump over to our archives, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…stay healthy and happy!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.