Green Cauliflower Rice You Will Love!
It’s time for some cauliflower rice! Chef Doreet shows us how to turn cauliflower into a dish full of enchantment with deep nutritional benefits while seducing your taste buds with flavors galore! This is a non-traditional “rice” dish that is far healthier, totally raw and bursting with flavors from all directions. Click below to watch the how-to video, and check out the recipe, also posted below.
A Love For Raw Plant-Based Health
Doreet’s love for Life and all the experiences of a severe illness that brought her close to dying propelled her into writing her book, Celebrating Our Raw Nature, A Guide for Transitioning to a Plant-Based, Living foods Diet. And then its sequel, Celebrating our Raw Nature, Plant-based Living Cuisine (the all raw version with an accent on seasonal meals and recipes for children) which is available on Amazon.com.
Dorit (pronounced Doreet & in the USA she spells her name phonetically)is a prodigious recipe creator and her scope of recipes that she customizes for her clients ranges from ill and pain-ridden people to well-known top athletes like tennis player Serena Williams, with whom she worked with for 2 years to help her get into top form to win the London Olympics.
How To Make Cauliflower Rice, A Healthier Option
This is a very simple recipe to make, but just because it is easy (and healthy) doesn’t mean it lacks in flavor. The homemade dressing brings this dish home, adding the perfect flavors to every bite. It is the perfect recipe to make as a replacement for rice and it requires zero cooking, which is an added bonus. Eating raw foods keeps all the nutrients in the foods, making raw meals very nutrient dense. Go ahead and give this dish a try and let us know how much you loved it. Take a photo of your finished cauliflower rice and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy vegan recipes to try? Hop on over to our recipe page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
A Cilantro-Lime Raw Cauliflower Rice Extravaganza!
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 5-6 large mushrooms
- 1/2 bunch fresh Parsley
- 1 bunch fresh scallions
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes optional (for garnishing)
- 1 1/2 cups Lime juice freshly squeezed)
- 3/4 bunch Cilantro set aside what's left of the bunch for garnishing
- 1 cup Coconut chunks cut up meat of one coconut
- 4-6 tablespoons Coconut Liquid Aminos
- 1 dried Curry Leaf optional but a MUST for incredible flavour & scent
- 3-4 heaping tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
- Make the rice by placing large chunks of the Cauliflower in a food processor and pulse.
- TIP- Be sure not to overfill the bowl of the food processor or you'll risk it being mushy on the bottom with large chunks on top. So pulse small batches at a time. Empty the pulsed rice into a large mixing bowl, and pulse another batch again . Check your progress after every 2-second pulse to monitor the texture, while aiming for the size of a grain of rice.
- Once all the "rice" is in the large mixing bowl, dice the mushrooms, parsley & scallions in the food processor.
- Place in the bowl with the "rice" and mix thoroughly.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients except for the Nutritional Yeast in a blender and mix to your preferred consistency. Add the Nutritional Yeast & mix for a very short time.
- Sprinkle a small amount of the dressing over the rice mixture & cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Add the remaining cilantro from the bunch to decorate. Decorate the dish with the cherry tomatoes and serve with the rest of the dressing on the side.
- This can also be served chilled and is perfect for a hot summer's day when you wish to eat something substantial.
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.