Two Must-Try Indian Recipes Sent From Heaven!
If you love Indian recipes you’ll love this show! Ever tasted delicious Vegan Shahee Paneer? Our guest Chef comes to us all the way from India for today’s #LunchBreakLIVE. Pareen Sachdeva, Global Climate Leader, Ph.D. Scholar at TISS Mumbai, Autodidactic Chef, Recipe Developer, and Mindfulness Practitioner creates this culinary delight for us. Let’s check it out…
Pareen Sachdeva is a Ph.D. Scholar at TISS Mumbai, advocate for animals, environmental educator, autodidactic chef, recipe developer, mindfulness practitioner, and yoga enthusiast. She is a Global Climate Reality Leader, trained by former USA Vice President Al Gore and his team, and is presently serving as India Lead with the international non-profit, Climate Healers. She is a multi-dimensional educator-entrepreneur with diverse interests and a passion for compassion. Her venture, Lactose-Free Goddess delivers homemade vegan treats across India. In 2020, she started a monthly live group meditation series called 10 on 10 on 10, to help activists deal with the dailies. Currently, she has a live cooking show on her Instagram where YOU decide what she cooks LIVE!
Indian Recipes Are A Favorite For Many!
Most Indian food is naturally vegan or vegetarian, and today we got to learn how to cook vegan Shahee Paneer and some Kheer, AKA Sweet Rice Pudding. The Shahee Paneer is a super flavorful dish and would be delicious atop some rice. It is dairy-free, oil-free, and sugar-free, but don’t think that means it is bland because that is certainly not the case. The spices are potent, bursting with authentic Indian flavor. The Rice Pudding is smooth perfection with just the right creaminess.
- 2 red onions medium
- 2 pureed tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger root
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 inch green chilly
- 1/2 C. Cashew cream cashews soaked and blended in water
- 1/2 C. Coconut cream
- 1 C. Tofu cut into triangles
- 1 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. red chilly powder
- 1 t. Coriander powder
- 1 t. Fenugreek leaves powder
- A pinch garam masala
- A pinch cardamom powder
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise
- Add a few saffron strands to warm coconut cream. Mix and keep it aside to infuse it with flavour.
- Blend onion, ginger, garlic and green chili to puree.
- dry roast cloves and star anise in a saucepan. Now add the onion puree and let it cook for 8-10 minutes or till the onions become soft.
- now add tomato puree into this and salt, chilly, coriander and garam masala to this. Cook for another 8-10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Now mix in cashew cream, fenugreek leaves and stir for 1 minutes
- Add in tofu and coconut cream and gently stir for another 1 minute
- Garnish- coconut cream and cardamom powder
- Serve with- Indian flatbread and onion rings
3-ingredient Kheer (Sweet Rice Pudding)
- 1 C. Boiled rice
- 1/2 C. Mishri or Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 C. Full fat Coconut Mylk
- Additional flavourings- mix of cashews and raisins, cardamom powder, saffron
- Cook boiled rice with sugar and small amount of water on medium flame
- Mash or lightly blend the rice
- Now add coconut mylk and simmer for no longer than 2 minutes
- The trick is to let this sit and cool at room temperature or refrigerate
- Add garnishing of choice
- Enjoy it cool. Tastes best the next day.
Thank You For Joining Us On Our Indian Adventure!
What a fun trip to India, learning how to make two incredible vegan Indian recipes that your friends and family are sure to love. If you are looking for other delicious vegan recipes to try, be sure to jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton of recipes to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.