OOEY GOOEY CHEESY MEATBALLS
Tasty plant-based cheesy meatballs made with Beyond Meat and Miyoko’s pepper jack cheese on #LunchBreakLIVE with featured guest Chefs Jezzy & DJ Mike Sincere. These meatballs are so incredibly delicious, you will certainly have dreams about eating seconds. They are a soon-to-be family favorite of yours, and you are about to become super popular with your friends…if you cook them up at your next gathering.
THE DJ AND CHEF DUO
Jezzy and Mike (@Plantbasedamor) are a GF Vegan Couple based in Los Angeles who are Vegan Foodies by day and DJs by night. They have a passion for spreading awareness about veganism in their own creative way. Their goal is to build a platform where they can help inspire current & future generations to adopt a cruelty-free lifestyle because they believe it all starts with what we put on our plates, so that’s where Jezzy and Mike’s recipes & foodie adventures come into play. By cooking up their recipes or choosing to eat at the best vegan spots, they are lowering their environmental impact, saving the lives of animals, and becoming healthier than ever. And that’s what this duo wants to show the world.
WHO WANTS SOME VEGAN CHEESY MEATBALLS FOR LUNCH?
Who doesn’t love the combo of vegan meatballs and vegan cheese? It’s kinda like a cheese-stuffed vegan burger. So much yum! Jezzy and Mike stuffed their Beyond Meat Meatballs with Miyokos shredded pepper jack cheese. A perfect choice of cheese, if I do say so myself! Imagine biting into a warm hot of the grill meatball to be met with a mouth full of melted vegan cheese. It doesn’t get much better than that. And these little morsels of heaven are so easy to make. So give it a try. You will definitely make them again and again.
Beyond Cheesy Meatballs
- 1 package Beyond Meat ground beef
- 1 cup of Glenn Muir Glen Tomato Basil sauce
- Package of Miyokos shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp of ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe’s
- 1 tsp of dried Parsley
- Avocado oil spray from Trader Joe’s
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- In a large bowl, place you're thawed beyond meat, flax egg, spices, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Place about 2 tbsp of the mixture in the palm of your hand and flatten.
- Add about 1 tbsp of Miyoko's cheese into the middle of the flattened meat in your palm.
- Add a bit more meat on top and form a meatball with both hands.
- Repeat the process until meat is all used. (Package makes about 7-8 meatballs)
- When all balls are formed, place a skillet on the stove and spray avocado oil inside.
- Place meatballs inside skillet and cook on each side until browned.
- Add marinara sauce and let simmer for two minutes.
- Enjoy in a sub sandwich, on pasta, or even on its own!
THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR CHEESY MEATBALL GOODNESS!
This was a favorite show of mine because anything that is stuffed with vegan cheese is a YES in my book. So these cheesy meatballs are sure to be cooked up in my kitchen soon. If you are looking for other delicious vegan recipes to try, be sure to jump over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.