LET’S EAT VEGAN SUSHI FOR FATHERS DAY
This is not your normal vegan sushi! It is the most unique Father’s Day pickled salad beet sushi & broccoli soup. Jump on #LunchBreakLIVE with vegan chef Abigail Steinberg of Pine & Gilmore Gourmet Vegan Foods Company creating this incredible meal for us. This is definitely a recipe that will impress dads anywhere, so give it a try.
THE OG FOUNDER SHARES ALL
Abigail Steinberg is a sales executive, senior manager, consultant in the natural food industry, and co-founder of Pine & Gilmore Gourmet Vegan Foods. Steinberg was instrumental in launching Zevia, a zero-calorie stevia-sweetened soda, scaling it up for venture capital sales and successful acquisition. Steinberg held senior executive-level positions at Nutranext, Clorox (At Clorox Abigail was awarded “Hunter of The Year 2018 for top sales and territory growth). Steinberg left Clorox to join the Brandable Team in 2019 where she helped scale up VeggieCraft Farms Cauliflower Pasta for acquisition to Litehouse in September 2020.
Abigail is the author of Recipe for Success: An Insider’s Guide to Bringing Your Natural Food to Market, a natural foods bestseller and published by HarperCollins in November 2015. As a guide for natural food entrepreneurs, the book reveals common and costly mistakes in startup businesses. Currently, the book is available in ten countries and distributed by top retailers like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Target!
VEGAN SUSHI AND SOUP IS THE PERFECT MEAL
Are you wanting to impress dad with your special cooking skills? Give this vegan sushi and soup a try…it is an impressive meal. And it’s not too difficult to make at all. Sushi is always presented beautifully, so it is a great dish for celebrations. This is a pickled salad beet sushi which I am sure would be a unique and delicious flavor for anyone who tries it. The broccoli soup is a bowl of creamy heaven, topped with beautiful choices to enhance the flavor.
The OG Raw Pickled Beets Sushi
- The OG Raw Pickled Beets Sushi filler:
- 1 cup of The OG
- 1 peeled Beet
- Spiral Raw Beets
- Mix altogether in a bowl and leave in the fridge overnight for most savory & rich experience. However, on the spot tastes good too. (The leftovers are great for salads!)
- The OG Beet Sushi:
- Thinly sliced Avocado
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Thinly sliced carrots
- Spiraled Beets
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame seeds
- Seaweed sushi Nori paper
- 1 cup of Sushi Rice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- Soak sushi rice in a pressure cooker for about an hour with a pinch of salt. Set pressure cooker for 5 minutes with a 10min warm after.
- Lay your sushi paper on a sushi matt. First, a layer of rice, sesames, beets, carrots, cucumber and avocado. Wrap tight and cut into 6-8 pieces. YUM!
Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 cup Vegetable broth
- 1 cup The OG
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 18-20 Broccoli pieces
- 1 diced Onion
- 3-4 diced potatoes
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1-2 tbs of flour to thicken optional
- Suggested Toppings: Optional but all 3 is divine!
- Chi Chi Peppers for spice!
- Kite Hills Sour cream for extra creamy thickness
- Violife shredded cheese Colby gives you a cheesy experience
- Throw all ingredients in a pressure cooker set to 13 min pressure cook. Hand blend and complete!
HAVE A GREAT FATHERS DAY!
Today we celebrate all the wonderful fathers and what better way to celebrate than with an incredible vegan sushi meal! Give it a try and be sure to take a photo of your finished product and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. Leave a comment here and let us know how you liked it. If you are looking for other plant-based recipes to try, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.