PASTA e FAGIOLI THAT’S SUPER TASTY!
Who’d like to learn to cook a 5-Step Plant-Based Vegan Pasta e Fagioli? A delicious whole-food, plant-based meal that is simple to make and bursting with flavor. Pop in the unique 5-wheel motor-home kitchen of Kathy A. Davis, CEO & Plant-Based Lifestyle Coach of VegInspired LLC. Let’s learn how to make this inexpensive, vegan friendly, bowl of goodness…
WFPB MASTERMIND IN THE KITCHEN
Kathy Davis is a plant-based lifestyle coach, recipe developer, and CEO of VegInspired. She’s been cooking up plant-based recipes in the kitchen (with her handsome husband John) since 2014 when they first transitioned to an “eat more plants” lifestyle. Since then, Kathy’s made it her mission to inspire others to Eat More Plants. Her cookbook Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Diet is bound to do just that! Kathy has also authored The 30-Minute Whole-Food, Plant-Based Cookbook and the Super Easy Plant-Based Cookbook.
Eating all over the spectrum, from “junk food” vegan meals to whole-food, plant-based meals, Kathy has tried it all. In 2019 Kathy tweaked her diet to a WFPB one. After 6 months, she successfully lost and kept off some excess weight and found her love of cooking with whole ingredients.
With over 70 recipes in her new book and three 7-day meal plans, there is something for everyone whether you are plant-based curious, a happy omnivore, an aspiring vegan, or a WFPB-foodie – her recipes wow even the pickiest eaters.
PASTA e FAGIOLI ON A BUDGET
This Pasta e Fagioli recipe is a hearty, budget-friendly, plant-based soup filled with vegetables, beans, pasta, and loads of flavor. The recipe is from the New Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Diet Cookbook and is a healthier take on the Italian Classic – made without added salt and oil. So there is no guilt in this delicious and filling meal. Get cooking!
Whole-Food, Plant-Based Vegan Pasta e Fagioli
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth divided
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can great northern beans
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups small whole-grain pasta mini shells or ditalini
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, sweat the carrots in 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth over medium-low heat. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth, onion, and celery, and sweat, covered, for an additional 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat covered for 3 to 5 minutes, or until all the veggies are softened.
- Add the remaining vegetable broth, tomatoes, beans and their juices, nutritional yeast, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes (if using). Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the pasta, and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent the stew from scorching to the pan.
- Serve with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast.
THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR THIS ITALIAN MASTERPIECE
What a delicious episode of #LunchBreakLIVE! Kathy sure knows how to make a mean vegan Pasta e Fagioli! Give it a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. Interested in more easy vegan recipes to try? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.