Had A Little Too Much To Drink? This Hangover Breakfast Will Help!
I am not condoning drinking, and definitely not drinking too much…but, if the night got the best of you and you wake up with a bit of a hangover, this breakfast will help! These hangover breakfast tacos are filled with endless amounts of flavor and are “the perfect meal to wake you up!” And, they’re vegan! Jump in our #LunchBreakLIVE kitchen with Dominique Henderson, creator of the DCcanCook brand and author of the “Imperfect Cooking Done To Perfection” ecookbook. Dominique shows us how to make this special plant-based breakfast for those days we need a little extra something to get going!
Woke Up One Day And Decided NO MORE MEAT!
DCcanCook started her vegan journey about 5 years ago when one morning she woke up and decided that she didn’t want to eat meat anymore. So she began documenting her journey on Instagram (dc_cancook), and over time DCcanCook gained a following. With the encouragement of others, she hosted 2 vegan fairs, where she educated others about the vegan lifestyle. In May 2020, DCcanCook released an ecookbook (Imperfect Cooking Done To Perfection), which is available on Amazon eKindle and iBookstore. In August DCcanCook became an LLC. She continues to share her vegan journey with others in the forms of vending, catering, personal dining, teaching, and content creation.
What Makes A Good Hangover Breakfast?
Comfort food is often the cure for any hangover. Cheesey, a little greasy, and totally delicious! But also filled with healthy and colorful veggies! These vegan hangover breakfast tacos are perfect for just that. Made with Just Egg, plant-based bacon, vegan butter, vegan cheese, and of course some healthy chopped-up veggies and topped with sour cream! Wrapped cozy in tortillas, making the perfect breakfast taco. This meal is totally simple to make, and most wouldn’t even know it’s vegan unless you tell them!
Hangover Breakfast Tacos
- 1-2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- 4-5 slices of Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon chopped
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms Baby Bella
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter I used Country Crock Plant Based
- 1/3 cup of Vegan Cheese I used Chao
- 1 tablespoon of Vegan Parmesan (I used follow your heart)
- 1 1/2 cup of roughly chopped spinach
- 1 bottle of Just Egg
- Tofutti Sour Cream
- Add grape seed oil to a pan on medium high heat
- Add mushrooms, onions, peppers and vegan bacon to the pan
- Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic and Cajun seasoning
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Set aside
- Add vegan butter to a small pan on medium high heat
- Once the butter has melted, add the 2 vegan cheeses and cook for 1 minute
- Add spinach
- Add 2⁄3 bottle of JustEgg
- With a wooden spoon, scrape edges from one side to the other, then around the pan
- Do this step a few times, until the eggs become firm to your liking
- Warm the tortillas (stove, microwave, oven)
- Scoop 1⁄4 cup bacon medley and egg medley into the tortillas
- Add a small dollop of sour cream
- Add condiments of your choice (I used Sriracha and Salsa Verde)17. Enjoy!!
- Ready in 20-25 minutes Serves 4-6 people
Thanks For Stopping By!
Thanks so much for joining us on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE where we were given a secret breakfast recipe to help get you moving on those mornings you may need a little help! It’s a good recipe for any day, but especially the day after those nights you might have overdone it, having a bit too much fun. Give it a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy vegan recipes to cook up? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl