Kelp Noodles Drenched In A Cashew Cheese Sauce
Kelp noodles with black pepper and cashew cream sauce on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE! This delicious meal is served on a bed of spinach and garnished with sprouts, making it an unforgettable dish! Jump in the kitchen with raw vegan chef of eight years, Marcia Cooper, as she shows us how to create this very simple, healthy, and tasty meal. Let’s see how the magic happens…
More About Our Guest Chef
Raw chef Cooper has worked as a team member in Matthew Kenney’s restaurant Plant, Food and Wine in Miami. She assisted at the Matthew Kenney Academy as well during the weekend workshops. Cooper was also part of Chef Chloe Coscarelli’s team in New York. She conducted workshops and training on raw vegan food in Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany, Curaçao, and the USA. Currently, she works as a private chef in New York.
No Cooking Kelp Noodles For Lunch
This is a quick recipe to throw together because it is raw and requires no traditional cooking. All you need is a blender. Kelp noodles are a gluten-free, low-calorie, fat-free alternative to pasta. They are also high in fiber, making them a great way to get added fiber into your diet. No cooking required makes for a quick dish. It is all about the sauce in this meal, and Chef Marcia shows us how to make a delicious cashew cheese sauce, perfect to smother the kelp noodles in.
KELP NOODLES WITH CREAMY CASHEW CHEEZE AND BLACK PEPPER
- Kelp Noodles:
- 1 bag kelp noodles
- 1 tablespoon baking soda 2 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave
- Creamy Cashew cheeze and black pepper:
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Spinach and sprouts for garnish
- Rinse kelp noodles. Cover with water and add baking soda and lemon juice. Soak for 10-15 minutes. Rinse well and add tamari, olive oil, and agave.
- In a blender, blend all the ingredients of the creamy cashew cheeze until desired smoothness.
- Mix noodles with the creamy cashew cheeze and place on a bed of spinach. Garnish with sprouts.
Thanks For Joining Us For Lunch!
I love an easy and tasty meal, and this raw kelp noodles recipe is just that! Give it a try and let us know how much you liked it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to cook up? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl